Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for limited vacancies in the following positions:
The following Schools and Faculties invite applications from qualified applicants for the positions of
Professors, Associate Professors, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers
- School of Medicine
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Public Health
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Engineering
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Communication and Cultural Studies
- Faculty of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences
- Faculty of Applied Economics and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Biosciences
- Faculty of Natural Resources and Environment
Candidates must have a PhD in the relevant discipline or a Research Masters Degree (MPhil/ IASc), plus a good first degree, with relevant post qualification experience, depending on the position being applied for.
Applicants will be invited for written /oral interviews / teaching demonstrations on the areas applied for.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- Mechanical Engineering
- Design and Production
- Applied Mechanics
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science / Engineering
Professor / Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer (PhD is required / preferred)
A. Senior Members
Deputy Registrar, Senior Assistant Registrar, Assistant Registrar, Junior Assistant Registrar
ii. Professional (Finance)
Deputy Director of Finance, Senior Accountant, Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Junior Assistant Accountant
iii. Professional (Audit)
Deputy Director of Audit, Assistant Auditor, Junior Assistant Auditor
PhD in relevant discipline or a Research Masters Degree, with a good first degree, plus professional qualification in the case of professional applicants seeking professional positions, with relevant experience, depending on the position being applied for.
B. Senior Staff
i. Administrative: Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Assistant
ii. Professional (Finance): Senior Accounting Assistant, Accounting Assistant
iii. Professional (Audit): Senior Audit Assistant, Audit Assistant
Works and Physical Development (WPD)
Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Construction Manager.
PhD or MPhil and a professional certificate in the relevant disciplines with a good first degree plus two (2) years post-qualification experience.
Works and Maintenance (Civil / Structures), Works and Maintenance (Electrical & Mechanical), Clerk of Works, Landscaper/Gardener
A good Bachelors degree or Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Building Technology/ Construction Management / Horticulture as may be applicable (depending on the discipline being applied for).
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY RELATIONS. The Deputy Registrar, University Relations will be responsible to the Registrar.
This is a Senior Member position, and applicants are required to possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD or a Two-year Research Masters Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related fields from a recognized tertiary institution, plus a good first degree.
- Must be a member of a recognized Professional Body in Public Relations.
- be a Deputy Registrar in a University or analogous Institution.
- be a Senior Assistant Registrar in a University or analogous Institution for a minimum of five (5) years.
- have proven experience as a Public Relations Officer in a reputable organization or establishment for a minimum of ten (10) years.
i. Develop overall Public Relations and Media Relations Strategies.
ii. Organize events of the University, such as Inaugural Lectures, Conferences, Matriculations, Congregations and Africa Leadership Lecture Series, among others.
- Collate the necessary information, edit same, and publish the University’s publications such as the Vice-Chancellor’s Annual Reports, Newsletters, Magazines, Brochures, Statutes, Strategic Plans etc.
- Write Speeches, Addresses, Press Releases, Rejoinders, etc.
- Respond to enquiries from the Media and other parties.
vii. Edit and update promotional materials and publications such as social media posts and videos.
viii. Collaborate with Internal Publics and ensure effective communication among them.
viii. Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising.
Candidates should send a brief Vision Statement on the growth and development of the University Relations Section, and the strategies for achieving this, in not more than two (2) pages of A4 size paper.
Qualification and Experience
Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical laboratory Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Oversee day-to-day laboratory operations, including technician scheduling, resources allocation, clean-up and maintenance.
- Audit daily workflow to ensure that all operations are in compliance with regulatory standards
- Monitor the receipt, storage and withdrawal of all laboratory specimens and tools
- Facilitate effective communication across Schools and Faculties of the University
- Ensure the laboratories establish and maintain a calibration programme for testing equipment that affect quality of results
- Review Industry news and research, to help consistently implement current best practices into laboratory operations.
Qualification and Experience
A good Bachelor’s degree in Anatomy, Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Physics, Physiology or any relevant science discipline, with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience.
HND in Laboratory Technology, with a minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience
Part III of the Scheme Laboratory Technician Certificate of the City and Guilds of London Institute, with a minimum of 6 years’ work experience
- Assist with and supervise student laboratory practical work and project work
- Work closely with team members to provide effective solutions to support student academic work and faculty research objectives.
- Assist in setting up laboratory for students’ laboratory practical sessions
- Guide students to clean up laboratory work stations after laboratory sessions
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates should apply to the Registrar through the University’s online job application platform https://jobs.uds.edu.gh/, and print ten (10) copies of the applications together with the curriculum vitae, and forward to the address below.
- Candidates should also include names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the address below:
University for Development Studies
P. O. Box TL 1350
The closing date for submission of applications is November 15, 2021.